Drop everything. Read this. Go to Poreč.
We can’t wait. The players can’t wait. And the people of Poreč can’t wait.
Yes, it’s that time of the year again as we gear up to put on a summer spectacular in the sensational Croatian location of Poreč.
If, for some strange reason, you aren’t thinking of pitching up for the Poreč Major, let us try and convince you with these rock-solid reasons why you should drop everything between June 27 and July 2 and make this beach volleyball mecca your number one destination this month.
- Poreč is beautiful. Imagine a place that combines a traditional old town, rich in history, with a beachside location that is popular with tourists and locals. Poreč is that place. Don’t believe us? Google image search it and be prepared to be impressed.
- Because it signals the start of summer. We’ve looked into our crystal ball and we just know from experience that the forecast for the week will be a glorious sequence of sunshine icons. Slap on the sunscreen and get ready to witness world class sporting drama.
- Great weather, great fans. If the weather’s cookin’ then the fans will come out to play. Last year, as the sun shone, thousands of fans crammed into the Center Court, side courts and fanzones to top up their tans, make some noise and watch the best beach volleyball stars tough it out on the sand.
- A Major is a Major is a Major…We will keep on repeating ourselves this until we are blue in the face. This isn’t your normal beach volleyball tournament. A five-star event and the world's best beach volleyball stars. This is a Major. The definition of major? Important, greater in dignity, rank, of interest…you get the picture. To put it in beach volleyball terms: it’s a big deal with Olympic champions and local heroes going head-to-head.
- More smiles in 2017! Last year’s Poreč Major was our second in this breathtaking spot on the edge of the Adriatic Coast. It’s fair to say it was a huge hit. And we’ve worked to ensure that this summer’s event is the biggest and best yet.
There’s plenty more reasons why besides – and we’ll continue to look ahead to this Croatian sensation in the week in leading up to our return to Poreč – but in the meantime, head to our Facebook event, click ‘going’ and share the news with all your friends.
See you soon, Poreč.